EICSB107B – Ignitor Module Testing Procedure
Pertronix Ignitor Module Testing Procedure
Please keep in mind that over 50% of the Ignitors returned to EI, are working properly. This simple test will take about 10 minutes and let you know definitively whether or not the unit is faulty
24V Negative Ground Module Test
- 1. Connect the Ignitor Plate to the battery negative terminal.
- 2. Connect the red Ignitor wire to the battery positive terminal.
- 3. Attach the black lead from the voltmeter (Set to DC) to the Ignitor black wire.
- 4. Attach the red lead from the voltmeter to the Ignitor Red Wire
- 5. Rotate the magnet sleeve in front of the module; the meter should fluctuate between battery voltage and 0 volts.
- 6. A constant measurement indicates that the power transistor of hall cell may have failed.