EICSB103 – Ignition Conversion Installation
Thank you for purchasing our ignition Conversion Kit for the Unimog or Pinzgauer. We think you will be very pleased with the quality and performance of your kit. If you are not completely satisfied with the kit please return it in its original condition for a full refund. We have highlighted in BOLD some of the most important installation information.
Your kit will include the following components:
- Cap and Adapter
- Wires – Custom Beru Wires Manufactured specifically for Expedition Imports.
- Hardware Kit (3 Allen Head Bolts, 3 Spade Terminals, Rubber Insulation Pad)
- Pertronix Ignitor – unless already installed.
- 1. Remove cap, rotor, points, wires, plugs, and coil.
- 2. Install Pertronix Ignitor (Installation Instructions enclosed).
- 3. Install Rotor
- 4. Install Cap/Adapter using 3 Allen Head screws provided in Hardware Kit.
- 5. Install Spark Plugs – Check and Gap.
- 6. Install wires with the following timing sequence(As viewed from front of engine):
- Unimog – 1 – 5 – 3 – 6 – 2 – 4
- Pinzgauer – 1 – 2 – 4 – 3
- 7. Take Rubber Insulation Pad (Hardward Pack) and wrap around coil and install in original bracket (If you don’t use the pad the bracket will not securely hold the coil).
- 8. Install/crimp Spade Terminals (Hardward Pack) on both wires coming into coil. Wire them as follows:
- Distributor Lead (Black Ignitor Wire) to (-)
- Input from Noise Supressor to (+) (Usually Green or White)
- 9. Install Coil Wire.
- 10. Time the Unimog to 10 – 14 degrees BTDC, and the Pinzgauer to 3 – 5 degrees BTDC.